SimLog - Order ProcessingRooms 9.2.16 and 9.2.17 - Campus II
What is SimLog?
- It is a company that manufactures and sells houses and garages built from Lego® bricks
- It is mapped in SAP S4/Hana-System (client established according to system requirements)
- The entire company is also physically represented (shelving racks as storage space, picking and production tables as well as printers for order papers)
- It uses two plants to map all relevant processes related to order processing
Plant 1 - Manufacturing
- Materials procurement and storage
- Manufacturing of goods
Plant 2 - Trade/Sales
- Sale of goods
- Fulfil customer oders from the existing finished goods
- If there are no finished goods in stock, carry out final assembly to produce finished goods
- If some parts and/or components are missing, material must be ordered.
- Finally, start the manufacturing orders for semi-finished products and carry out the final assembly
- In the manufacturing plant, components are ordered from suppliers and stored.
- Two-stage manufacturing (semi-finished goods first which are then further assembled to finished goods)
- Components = different types of Lego® bricks and plates (sourced)
- Finished goods = different variants (colour) of garages and houses
- Two of the three shelving racks serve as storage area for the manufacturing plant
- The component storage is organised on the basis of the fixed bin strategy
- Storage for semi-finished and finished goods is managed dynamically
For the future, we plan integrating WebEDI in order to be able to demonstrate a variation of modern communication between customers and suppliers.
Business and Engineering
- Lab course: approx. 50 students per semester = 8 groups per semester
- For more information, please refer to the corresponding E-Learning course Laboratory Test WI/Laborschein WI
- OPMG Operations Management (order processing): approx. 60 students during the winter semester (10 groups)
- BPLO Business Processes in Logistics (stocktaking procedures): approx. 60 students during the winter semester (10 groups)
SimLog is a particular condition for admission (besondere Zulassungsvoraussetzung, bzV) to the examinations for the Logistics modules mentioned above.